Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy

Some of my favorite things about weekends in Beirut have become catching up on sleep after six days of waking at 7:20 (we work on Saturdays too), breakfasts of halloumi cheese sandwiches with labneh, grilled tomatoes and spinach on freshly baked pita bread, spending time with new friends, mint lemonade by the sea, and enough extra time to update this blog.

This weekend is particularly special because:
-SPAIN is going to the World Cup semifinals
-I succeeded in convincing my boss that I need a day off on Monday
-all over the world today, Americans are barbecuing, eating watermelon and celebrating Independence Day with family and friends
-my mom flies in tonight!!!

My toughest decision right now is whether to go to the beach, visit the pool, go hiking, or explore the sites that this beautiful country has to offer. I love summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment